Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 January 2012

FTP- File Transfer Protocol.

The process in making my one page website live is by using a FTP, By firstly creating an account on a free web hosting site used www.byethost9.com , when my account was activated I was sent an email with my username,  password and URL for my web space, with this information I then downloaded Filezilla which is a type of ftp which allows me to transfer my files from my computer into my web space, when this was downloaded it showed 4 boxes at the top for Host, Username, Password and port number, by using the information I was given by the hosting website I placed into each box and typed 21 into the port box as this which allow my to file transfer and clicked connect. 

Once loaded up it then there was two boxes at the bottom side by side, on the left is my computer and all the files such as photos,text,links and the right is my web space, I firstly had to transfer my index page(main page) over to my web space(the right side) I did this by double clicking, it then transferred my file from my computer and copied over onto the side for my web space which then tells me it has been transfer into my web space, by doing that I previewed and realised that all my files had not shown up this was because I had not transferred all my files which make up my website I then transferred all of my files e.g. Images, text etc which make up my website once doing this I previewed again and my site and all the images and text was there and it was live. 

The Devices in which I used to enable me to start creating my website was Hotmail(Email) as once creating an account with the hosting site I was sent an email with all my details on which then allowed me to log into Filezilla, if I did not have this information I would have not been able to transfer anything into my web space.
Software I used is Filezilla which is a FTP (File transfer protocol) without this I was not able to transfer my work over to my web space.

1 comment:

  1. Standards Met: Unit 18. 1.1, 2.1, 3.1
    Standards Met: Unit 20. 1.1, 2.1, 3.1

    ReplyDelete