Total Pageviews

Friday 13 January 2012

Making my webpage live

I designed a web page in Dreamweaver by using an HTML page,images and ccs, to make it live I had to find a free hosting website, however my first choice www.x10hosting.com was not loading and taking a very long time to activate so I had to look elsewhere that's when I found www.byethost9.com this was alot quicker and was really simple to use, by making an account I was then able to activate my account quickly and start to create my live web page.
By using www.byethost9.com as my hosting server I was able to make my web page live by using an ftp, the one I decided to use was Filezilla, once I downloaded Filezilla I had to use my login details from byethost9.com and put them into Filezilla, Filezilla then allowed me to transfer all the data and files I had on my computer and Dreamweaver page to my live HTML page, I then had to transfer all my images,ccs files and my HTML page which was made on Dreamweaver across through Filezilla however when doing so and testing my website its showed that my images were not showing when looking at it live as filezilla was looking for the images file and not the file it was situated in, so when it could not find the folder it though it didnt exsist so it did not show up on the webpage, so then had to go back to my Dreamweaver design and change all the image links as they were all linked to a folder on my computer by deleting the folder root Filezilla was able to find my files, as Filezilla was only looking for the name of the file not the folder it was located in, after i changed that then my web page started to take shape.


When my web page went live it looked great all the images and backgrounds were how I wanted them to be, all the links are working the way they should be as when you click on them they open in a new webpage tab. The link to my live web page is http://natazx.byethost9.com have a look around it still needs alot more editing to do but I will always be updating it as I go. These are screenshots of my webpage live in Safari both top of the webpage and bottom.


1 comment: